Campus Properties, together with Urban Community Partners, assembled a team that was successful in a public competition for the rights to develop a 15 acre site in the center of Foster City, CA. The development consists of separate but integrated elements providing different senior living opportunities:
- The New Home Company — Master Developer, constructed the infrastructure and sold improved parcels;
- Lennar — 200 for sale, elevator served condominium units;
- Mid Peninsula Housing — Alma Point, a 66 unit affordable rental building;
- Atria Senior Living — a 152 room assisted / independent living facility;
- 32,000 square feet of ‘Main Street’ retail space.
The concept for the development has been recognized as a new and creative response to seniors housing through the integration of a variety of housing types targeted at different segments of the 55+community. The development offers independent and assisted living rental units, affordable rental housing and for sale condominiums with elevators, all in a central location that takes maximum advantage of the surrounding amenities. The retail, restaurants and cafes will serve residents and nearby office workers and create a vibrant new neighborhood.
The Alma Point affordable apartments opened in 2016. Atria at Foster Square assisted living opened in early 2017, and residents moved in to the first Lennar homes in mid-2017.